During the BC Family Day weekend, children age 12 and under will have the opportunity to enter the Vancouver Aquarium free of charge and learn more about 60,000 aquatic creatures.
From Saturday February 15th, 2020 until Monday, February 17th, 2020 inclusive, the Vancouver Aquarium is offering free admission to children 12 years of age and under.
The Aquarium staff have planned special Family Day weekend programmes:
- Take an imaginary underwater journey during Story Time at 10:45 a.m. in the Pacific Canada Pavilion.
- Get to know the Aquarium’s most armoured animals with Turtle Talks at 11:30 a.m. in the Tropic Zone.
- Flock together for the Meet a Penguin program at 2:15 p.m. in the Teck Engagement Gallery and get to know these fascinating birds.
- Catch a screening of the exhilarating Reef Reborn: A 4D Experience in the 4-D theatre every 30 minutes starting at 11:45 a.m.
Here are more details that you will need to know, including the price for the adult ticket. (The accompanying adult will need to purchase a ticket.)
*The free ticket offer must be redeemed at the Admissions Window. Promo tickets are not available online or at the kiosks. You cannot combine this offer with any other offer. The child must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 4 children per adult.
Date: February 15 – 17, 2020 (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
Where: Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park (845 Avison Way)
Cost: Adult: $40 | Senior / Student: $32 | Child (0 -12): FREE
For more information: https://vanaqua.org/familyday
You can find out about transit options and parking on the Visitor’s Information Page.
Before your visit, you can check out information about the Ocean Wise programme here. Scientists, educators and researchers are part of the Ocean Wise headquarters based at the Aquarium. At the Marine Mammal Rescue Centre – the only one in Canada – Vancouver Aquarium staff members rescue, rehabilitate and release 150+ marine animals each year.
While you’re at the Vancouver Aquarium, if you’d like to buy a yearly membership, you can find out information in advance on the Membership Information Page. The Ocean Wise Conservation Association is a Not-for-Profit association that supports actions focussed on ocean conservation. Each ticket and membership purchase helps to fund this important work.
One of the sweetest perks about a membership is that you can receive a 20% discount at the following partner organizations:
• TELUS World of Science
• HR MacMillan Space Centre
• Vancouver Art Gallery
• Royal BC Museum
• BC Wildlife Park
• Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
• Greater Vancouver Zoo
• Ocean Park Hong Kong
• Woodland Park Zoo (50% off)
Wishing you and your family a relaxing and enjoyable BC Family Day weekend!
Images: Courtesy of the Vancouver Aquarium
Here is a trailer for the Reef Reborn 4D movie:
* Thank you to the Vancouver Aquarium for providing 4 visit passes to our family, to visit the Vancouver Aquarium.