The women at Vancouvermom.ca are in the midst of publishing information about 30 Lower Mainland moms who publish websites. If you are looking to find some new websites to follow, this is a great place to start. The variety of topics covered by these women is broad, so you’re certain to find something of interest. Most sites these days are linked into a Twitter and/or Facebook account. If you like a site in particular, scout around the borders and “like” the site using social media. This is much easier than tagging a site as a favourite or trying to remember to return later. If you haven’t signed up for any social media accounts, this is one of the most interesting usages for a Facebook or Twitter account. You can follow all types of local and international organizations and see their recent updates and postings in your social media home page.
Oops. Almost forgot to mention. BCFamily.ca has been included in the list. Thanks Vancouvermom.ca!
To vote for your favourite sites, vote here.
Here are the sites they’ve included so far. Be sure to visit their website for write-ups about each site and to vote in the 2011 Top Vancouver Mom Blogger contest.
- Arieanna Schweber of Active Mama
- Stephanie MacLeod of Munchkin and Me
- Cherie Ehlert-Cox of Sweet Charlie-Anne o’ Mine
- Angela of One Smiley Monkey
- Jodi Shaw of Rants n’ Rascals
- Tanaya of Bubbles Make Him Smile
- Karen Brackett of Adventures of the Sunshine Brigade
- Amanda Wray of Mon Petit Shoo
- Eve Johnson of shopEvalicious.com
- Jacqueline Way of 365give.ca
- Mo C. of Green Bean & Eco-Mo
- Bonnie Johnson, Tracy Westerholm and Jacquie Janzen Yee of Tara Cronica
- Rachel Jonat of The Minimalist Mom
- Janice of Janice’s Mash-Up
- Michelle Carchrae of The Parent Vortex
- Monika Whitney of Aias Dot Ca
- Teri Brewer of Hit by TNT
- Madeleine Shaw and Suzanne Siemens of The Lunablog: periods, politics and personalities
- Pamela Chan of BC Family
- Cathy Collis of Kick
- Danielle Connelly of Mother of a Deal
- Anna Cohen of Simply Stylish Mom
- Cynthia Scheffers of The Hippie Housewife
- Nikiah Seeds of Red Moon Musings
- Nicole of Resolving Timeline Issues
- Naomi Jesson of Monkee Mama
- Brandee Brown of Chill Mama Chill
- Deanna Regan Wigmore of A Mother’s Tonic
- Bruna of Bees With Honey
- Amanda of Lilahbility
If you find any sites you think are particularly outstanding, please share your findings by leaving a message (either in the comments below or by visiting the BCFamily.ca Facebook page).
Vancouvermom.ca on YouTube